Sunday, April 11, 2010

It's Fun To Stay At The J.M.G.A.


So this past week, my mid-semester break has been totally consumed by jewellery. It has been fun and exhausting. Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday was spent back at Curtin taking part in a workshop with Lisa Walker. It was a great experience, I'll ramble on about it next time. At the top is some of the rubbish that I put together.

The JMGA (Jewellers and Metalsmiths Group of Australia) biennial conference was held in Perth this weekend. I have been existing on wine and cheese, going from exhibition opening, to exhibition opening since Thursday night. I also had the pleasure of seeing my own jewellery in a gallery for the first time! I found the papers presented during the day inspiring, and found myself thinking and rethinking my designs as I listened. The second photograph is of some of the wishes posted at the Buddhist Festival, on the Perth Esplanade that we walked through on our way to the closing sundowner. I not only loved the concept of this wall of wishes, but also found it visually inspiring.


No comments:

Post a Comment