Friday, May 7, 2010

Push The Button

Just when I thought I had my production range designed and ready to churn out, a series of sampling proved otherwise. I decided to abandon the idea and come up with a whole new concept for the range. Being slightly under pressure to find inspiration, I went to sift through my numerous collections of 'stuff'. I have always loved buttons - strange, I know. I particularly love buttons that are indicative of an era - the shapes, patterns and materials. This obsession is easily traced back to my childhood, when visits to my grandparents always involved time playing with Nana's Peters ice-cream tin full of buttons. Although my collections do not directly influence my work, they do remind me of what I like in design. Hopefully the next set of designs will be more successful!

No comments:

Post a Comment